The Supervisor, Warehouse is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, coaching, development and evaluation of warehouse team members. Ensures that accuracy is maintained and the warehouse staff meets all of the material storage, counting and movement needs in a timely manner. The Supervisor, Warehouse supports enterprise-wide warehouse operations by creating or maintaining standard procedures and work instructions that will guide material control execution across multiple sites. Maintains the accuracy of raw material inventories, deploys proper cycle counting procedures to support effective material planning and asset control objectives. Responsible for supervising cycle counting procedures, analyzing physical inventories, establishing and maintaining inventory discrepancy investigations, and generating reports to maintain appropriate raw material control.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Lead, train, prioritize and direct work flow and methods of staff. Serve as the main point of contact when the Warehouse Manager is not present.
• Ensure the warehouse staff meets all of the material storage and movement needs in a timely manner, assign and maintain material flow to designated areas in facility.
• Assist employees in the event of difficulties and instruct new employees in the proper performance of duties.
• Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices.
• Assure inventory record accuracies of > 95%. Deploy cycle counting and other appropriate methods to attain goal.
• Develop, deploy and maintain 4-Q Metrics to ensure effectiveness of processes and continuous improvement.
• Develop and implement new inventory procedures to improve accuracy.
• Become inventory transaction subject matter expert (SME) in company’s ERP system and create effective training programs and work instructions to ensure knowledge transfer to staff and maintenance of revision control.
• Maintain inventory levels utilizing the Kan-Ban process.
• Support annual physical inventory by working collaboratively with Distribution/Logistics and Warehouse Managers.
• Support policy, procedures, and work method review, improvement, and standardization across off-site inventory locations. Participate in on-site reviews and audits as necessary to achieve inventory control objectives.
• Complete all inventory adjustments. Research and document in order to establish control over the movement of inventoried items.
• Develop, communicate and implement effective process improvement suggestions to prevent inventory variances.
• Develop and communicate all daily, weekly, monthly and annual inventory reports necessary to achieve target inventory accuracy objectives.
• Establish physical and transactional control over all movements of inventoried items by working closely with the Operations Manager, Production Supervisors and Quality Assurance Inspectors.
• Supervision, safety management, developing standards, managing processes, surveillance skills, inventory control, reporting skills, analyzing Information, exercise sound judgment
• ERP and WMS experience
• Cycle counting experience a plus
• Delegating Responsibility - ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate associates
• Team Builder - ability to convince team to work toward a common goals and objectives
• Responsible - ability to accept accountability or be answerable for conduct
• Problem Solving - ability to find solutions for or to deal proactively with work-related challenges
• Customer Oriented - ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
• Communication - ability to communicate goals, objectives, methods effectively to others
• Coaching and Development - ability to provide guidance and feedback to strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
• Goal Oriented - ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result
• SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Education: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience: 3 years hands-on inventory control experience in an industrial environment and 1+ year’s supervisory experience
• Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and inventory control experience within an ERP system
• Certificates & Licenses: CPIM, CSCM, Material Handling Equipment Certification, preferred